top of page

Rhenus Group has invested in Amsterdam & Hungary recently

Rhenus Group Invests in Port of Amsterdam, Rhenus Group has acquired 49.99% of Rietlanden Terminals B.V. in the Dutch Port of Amsterdam from JERA Global Markets, with plans to acquire the remaining 50.01% in 2027. This investment aims to strengthen Rhenus Group's European port network and adapt terminals for a coal-free future. The move also expands Rhenus' services in the Netherlands, including bulk commodities handling and storage in the Port of Amsterdam.


JERA Global Markets will remain the majority shareholder of Rietlanden until 2027. Rhenus will double its port terminal area capacity in the Netherlands with Rietlanden by 2027, offering opportunities for growth at the Port of Amsterdam.

Rietlanden specializes in bulk commodities like scrap metal and coal, along with related services such as inland waterway shipping and sea freight handling.


Rhenus Logistics AG Zurich has been a loyal member of the Pacific Global Association Since 2002



And according to market info. Rhenus is strengthening its Central-East European presence through the acquisition of Hungarian freight forwarder ITS Logistics Hungary KFT. The purchase complements Rhenus' integration of Croatian logistics provider Trans Integral. ITS Logistics Hungary KFT, located near Budapest, specializes in airfreight forwarding, customs clearance, warehousing, and various freight services, including sea freight, road freight, and rail freight. The acquisition enhances Rhenus' capabilities, particularly in airfreight services, and expands its reach in Hungary. The deal is pending a mandatory Foreign Direct Investments screening, common for acquisitions of this size in Hungary, which can take up to two months.

27 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Commentaires


bottom of page